November 9-10, 2019 - Toronto, Canada
(TWO-DAY CERTIFIED TRAINING)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This class is for those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of their technology and, speaking more broadly, professional service businesses. For example, first and second line managers, project managers, product managers, experienced individual contributors and technical experts, scrum masters, business unit leaders, C-level executives, their improvement coaches and consultants.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Understanding the Kanban method, principles and practices
- Apply systems thinking to design and introduce a unique Kanban system in your unique work environment
- Graduate from organizing your work with a team Kanban board to designing a Kanban system to improve customer-focused service delivery and to make a difference in your business.
Day 1 - Overview
- Kanban in action
- Key elements of a Kanban system, such as commitment points, work item types, classes of service, explicit policies, cadences
- Kanban system mechanics, such as pull, replenishment, delivery
- Key Kanban system indicators, such as lead time and cumulative-flow diagram
Day 2 - STATIK: the systems thinking approach to introducing Kanban
- Kanban case study
- Creating context for change
- Demand analysis
- Workflow visualization
- Discovering and designing classes of service
- Replenishment and delivery cadences
- Kanban system visualization
Both days contain lots of interactive group exercises and games.
This training class is certified by Lean Kanban University as KMP I level training. Participants receive standard LKU certificates of class completion.
LKU awards the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential to those who successfully complete:
- this class
- a more advanced class, Kanban Management Professional (KMP II)
ADVANTAGES and BENEFITS
- Lean Kanban University's certified training curriculum and teaching methods were created through collaboration of leading experts and validated in many of training classes and through practical application in companies in various industries and around the world.
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, a large budget or getting others to change
- Substitutions of participants are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- Refunds are provided as follows: 35 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes if registrations are insufficient.